At Adelaide Eye Care, we believe in perfecting sight and protecting eye health for life.We are proudly independent and South Australian owned since 1982. Our experienced and professional optometrists and our talented frame and lens experts offer you complete eye care: eye testing, spectacles, contact lenses, sunglasses and vision training. We want you to see and be seen. By understanding you and your visual needs, and thoroughly understanding your eyes and vision, we recommend high-quality optical products and carefully selected fashion frames that enhance your life through better sight.
- Established in 1982 at Belair by Mr Anthony Phillips as a contact lens and family eye care practice.
- Moved to Westbourne Park in 1990, then expanded to Blackwood in 1998.
- Husband and wife optometrists, Mr Rene Malingre and Ms Liz Capper, took over in 2003 and continued the traditions but advanced the diagnostic technology and optical dispensing skills.
- Expanded to Mawson Lakes in 2008.
- Continued growth enables the optometry and optical dispensing team to expand with diverse skills.
Service: Our patients and customers are at the centre of everything we do.
Trust and Integrity: We value relationships over transactions, with truth and discretion.
Innovation and Leadership: we invest in education, training and technology that improves our ability to help our patients, and to assist the patients of other professionals.
Happiness and Teamwork: We have a common purpose, we like each other, and we love our work.
- Our eight optometrists obtained their degrees either in Australia or England, and are all very experienced. Most of us have a strong interest in contact lens fitting or children's developmental eye care, and all of us practice general eye care and give optical advice.
- We have one of the best groups of experienced optical dispensers (frame and lens experts) in the State to help you with your eyeglasses.
Our Skill Set
Experience and Knowledge
Product Knowledge and Access
- we often trial new products for manufacturers
- our lens, contact lens and spectacle frame ranges are completely up to date
- Retinal Imaging (OCT, Optomap)
- Eye Shape (Medmont E300, sMap)
- Visual Field Assessment
We Help People with Rare Conditions
- keratoconus, corneal grafts, eye coordination disorders, high prescriptions, prismatic lenses, anisometropia, dry eyes, myopia control
- Seeing the face of children who can see properly for the first time!
- Having people tell us they love their new glasses!
- Helping people who thought that there was no help for them.
- Learning new things.
- Being asked to look after a friend or family member by one of our patients.
- Chocolate, coffee, and South Australian wine.
- Family, friends and our workmates.
- We are a clinical placement practice for Masters of Optometry students to help them learn about specialty contact lens fitting.
- Consultations with an optometrist is by appointment, but if you have a current prescription, you can come in without an appointment to select glasses or order contact lenses.
- A full eye examination is painless and we check the health of your eyes, including your macula and retina, checking for glaucoma and cataracts, measuring your vision and prescription, and making sure your eyes work together properly.